ORRC 1200 Club for 2014!
Registration is up for the 1200 Club in 2014, ORRC’s free recognition program for any club member who runs or walks 1,200 miles in one year (averaging about 100/month, or about 25/week). The purpose is meant to be a challenge and motivational tool, and we anticipate about 10% of club members achieving the actual 1200 miles in one year.
Participants who complete 1200 miles in one year receive a jacket the first year, and patches to add to the jacket in subsequent years. You must be a member of ORRC to participate.
Register by March 1, 2014. Give yourself a challenge and join the club!
Download this handy milage chart. Then, submit your monthly mile totals to the coordinator at email@example.com,who will keep tallies for all individuals. Annual ongoing totals of all participants will be published in the Oregon Distance Runner (ODR) throughout the year.
Give yourself a challenge and join the club!
What is it?
- The 1200 Club is a recognition program for any club member who runs or walks 1,200 miles in one year (100/month, or about 25/week).
- The year measures January 1 through December 31
- The purpose is meant to be a challenge that we anticipate about 10% of club members achieve.
- There is no charge but participants must be current ORRC members.
- Anyone who completes 1200 miles in one year receives a jacket, and in later years receives a patch to add to the jacket.
- Participants must enter by March1st (register online at https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/95591/SMUCalendar). No more registrations will be accepted after that date.
- Each month participants submit their monthly totals to the club coordinator by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org who keeps tallies for all individuals.
- Monthly totals are due no later than one month after the end of the month they are submitting (e.g. February miles are due by the end of March).
- Yearly ongoing totals of all participants will be published in the Oregon Distance Runner (ODR) throughout the year
- End of year miles are due no later than January 15th to be recognized at the annual awards, and by the end of January to receive a jacket or patch.
What Miles Count?
- Races or training miles
- Running or Walking miles
What Miles do NOT count?
- Nothing translated from another sport into miles (e.g. cycling, swimming, or ellipticals
- Running in the pool
- “steps” counted on a pedometer during the course of a day that are not part of a standard run or walk (so wearing a pedometer during the day to count up to 10,000 steps does not include steps counted while walking around the office or house)