ORRC Race Director Resources
Do you want to put on a race but don't know how? Here is some information you might find helpful to help put on an event. ORRC is making this information available at no charge to any person or club who needs it.
This material is not all inclusive but should help you get started. It also is not an official endorsement of any product, but simply includes a list of some resources that are available. We've covered the following topics:
· Deciding on a distance and course
· Getting Permits and Insurance
· Registration (software/fees/check in area/etc)
· Finish Line (setting up finish line area/results/timing)
· Volunteers (finding them and how to use them)
· Race flyers (Registration forms content/Waivers/Etc.)
Files are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), Microsoft Excel (.xls), and Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) formats.
Race Director Handbook (.pdf)
Popsicle results page (.xls)
Popsicle timing method (.xls)
To have your race listed on the ORRC Event Calendar, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the name of the event, date, distance(s), location, website link and/or contact information (e-mail, phone#), and any additional information that you'd like posted (e.g. is it a fundraiser?).
Good luck and we hope your races/events are successful.