Resources for Walkers
2015 Walking Events with Separate Awards for Walkers
Y2K 10K – January 10th
Champoeg 10K – March 7th
Hagg Lake 10K – May 2nd
Up The Lazy River 10K– May 25th
ORRC Dual Duel – August 5th
Garlic Festival 10K– August 8th
Greenway Trail Trial 10K – September 7th
Best Dam Run 10K– September 26th
Blue Lake 5K – October 10th
2015 Running Events with Walkers Welcome
(but No Separate Awards for Walkers)
Vernonia Half-Marathon – April 12th
Summer Solstice 5K– June 21st
July 4th 5K – July 4th
Turkey Trot – November 26th
ORRC Walker of the Year Award
The ORRC “Walker of the Year” award is now based purely on the points received:
first overall walker will get 10 pts,
second will get 9 pts., etc.
Sign Up for the ORRC 5K Series
Each race in the 5K series is for runners or walkers.
to earn prizes and meet other walkers!
Walk for Health and Fitness!
- Use the crosswalk.
- Look left, right, and left again before crossing
- Establish eye contact with drivers.
- Watch for turning vehicles.
- Wear brightly colored clothing and reflective clothing
- Walk against traffic on roads with no sidewalks.
- Wear comfortable shoes that give support and that
will not irritate your feet.
Walking can decrease your risk of many health problems:
Walking as part of your daily routine helps you to:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Injuries and falls
- Increase efficiency of heart and lungs
- Lower blood cholesterol
- Control weight
- Reduce stress and enhance the quality of your sleep
- Improve your mood
- Tone muscles